Information Security Officer - Data Security
Information Security hiring continues to be an ongoing trend with technical expertise in high demand. My client is a leading Investment Management organisation with a Global Enterprise IT architecture and this team has grown rapidly to proactively manage increasing Information Security threats.
This position is Greenfield in nature and the candidate will be able to define strategy and drive Data Security projects. The position will involve trusted relationships with business stakeholders based in the UK and European offices whilst working closely with counterparts in the US.
- A subject matter expert reviewing and approving data security security designs, configurations, baselines and technical standards.
- Implementation of database controls across IT focussing on a broad range of data security aspects.
- Providing a "trusted advisor" role to collaborate between Information Security and IT Teams supporting the database security programme.
- Setting data security standards and agenda in line with business goals and objectives.
- Research, design and analysis of new technologies and vendor products.
- Implementing effective Database access monitoring in line with Business user requirements.
- Security advice and risk assessments providing specialist Infrastructure technical expertise.
- Translate information security controls into technical requirements.
- Consulting on information security strategic direction including architectural discussions related to data security configuration.
Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of Information Security with experience understanding all domains of Security.
- Experience working in large, global corporate environments involving multiple business units or functions.
- Database access, database compliance and enterprise cloud solutions, encryption and DLP configuration tools.
- Technical understanding of standards relating to unstructured data, data classification, structured data, cloud, endpoint protection solutions.
- Data encryption technologies applied against unstructured data, structured data, storage & backups, email, file sharing, B2B connections.
- Implementing a data classification framework.
- CIPP, CIPM and/or CISSP preferred.
We will consider a range of backgrounds so if you feel you are suitable then please contact Mathew on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 3137 3075. At BartleyHeath we guarantee you feedback on your submission.