Information Security Officer - Endpoint Configuration
Information Security remains an area of demand and my client is looking for specialist Information Security to work on the design and implementation of endpoint security controls. This requires an understanding of Windows workstation platform and includes the support of products such as Data Leakage Prevention (DLP), Enterprise anti-malware solutions, Secure Web Gateways, vulnerability management tools and SSL PKI.
The position forms a link aligning Business and IT needs with a consistent implementation of controls defined by the Global Information Security Team.
- A subject matter expert reviewing and approving endpoint security designs, configurations, baselines and technical standards.
- The implementation of endpoint security controls and acting as a 'trusted advisor', consulting to IT on projects and support matters.
- Research, design and analysis of new technologies and vendor products.
- Define endpoint vulnerability management requirements and reporting on analysis.
- Partnering with infrastructure teams on version upgrades of existing applications and on the installation of new applications based on security requirements.
- Implementing endpoint security solutions and controls across configuration management solutions, endpoint monitoring and application whitelisting.
- Security advice and risk assessments providing specialist Infrastructure technical expertise
- Translate information security controls into technical requirements
- Consulting on information security strategic direction including architectural discussions related to endpoint security configuration
Skills and Experience
- Specialist Information Security experience including implementing and configuring malware protection solutions, firewall technologies and ability to consult senior stakeholders on Information Security principles.
- Endpoint security design review, IPS/IDS sensors and warning systems, encryption solutions and layered protection.
- Understanding of Windows workstation platform including Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 Registry, protocols, VDI technologies, VMware.
- Understanding of Audit and Risk Management methodologies and regulatory requirements in relation to privacy, data and Information Security.
- Working knowledge of industry standards (ISO, COBIT, COSO, ITIL)
- Scripting language to automate tasks.
- Either of GCIH, GCIA or MSCE and CISSP or equivalent preferred
We will consider a range of backgrounds so if you feel you are suitable then please contact Mathew on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 3137 3075. At BartleyHeath we guarantee you feedback on your submission.