IBOR Programme Manager - EMEA & APAC
My client is a global Asset Manager looking for a long term leader to initially undertake a high profile Investment Book of Record programme across EMEA and APAC offices. Following the successful implementation, the intention is for this hire to form part of the senior leadership team as the firm focuses on innovation and technology transformation.
Beyond Delivery. This position will be a innovative and strategic leader to manage one of the largest and most strategic programmes within the organisation.
The legacy Book of Records platform is being replaced by a global solution. The platform has been rolled out in the US so there is a learning curve and TOM that the IBOR Programme Manager can leverage. There are also significant challenges and inherent opportunities of rolling-out this system across so many geographic and business entities spanning Europe and APAC offices.
The initial programme is budgeted to take around 2 - 2.5 years with forecasted budget of $25 - 50m. The position will require someone with experience delivering on a large programme and working with senior stakeholders in Investment Services Middle Office and Technology, as well as internal and external resources from APAC to EMEA to North America.
- Data is the life blood of the organisation. Investment Services is seen as a source of new and innovative solutions to achieve strategic goals.
- The successful candidate will oversee transformational programmes to deliver superior investment experience to customers.
- Demonstrate success measured by strong delivery of programs that align with the business strategic priorities of the Middle and Back Office.
- Manage, mentor, and coach other more junior staff by establishing goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate experience as a delivery manager utilising an iterative approach to project development and delivery.
- Knowledge of complex derivatives instruments and the operational aspects behind them is greatly preferred.
- Grow, develop and promote communication, skillsets, and productivity to achieve high performing teams.
- Negotiate and manage major Technology application vendor relationships to drive value and performance.
- Create presentations based on analysis to communicate to business and technology leaders and team.
- Oversee operations across geographically diverse locations understanding business differences, legal and regulatory requirements, and cultural nuance.
- Manage within a global engagement model while optimising locally and collaborating across regions toward enterprise solutions.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years leading teams preferably with experience in Financial Services and Asset Management
- Superior technology skills and the ability to translate technological capabilities into business strategy
- Good knowledge of front office and post-trade execution applications and function
- Experience of managing large scale transformation programs
- Strong people and project management experience and ability to influence at all levels
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technology focused discipline or commensurate relevant work experience with examples of self-driven further learning preferable
- Should have proven track record of successfully managing technology change to drive business improvements.
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment within a matrix management structure
- Must demonstrate a strong customer focused attitude
- Able to take analytical information and data, disseminate the key messages and present back to Senior IT and business managers / management teams
- Comfortable and accomplished at facilitation, hosting meetings and running major workshops
- Maintenance of up-to-date knowledge in the appropriate technical areas
- Manage team members to deliver on commitments, achieve results and act with integrity
- Partner with business clients and build productive relationships with all levels of the organisation
- Strong passion in continuous learning and emerging technologies
- Ability to analyse requirements and problems and propose workable solutions
- Puts the needs of the team before themselves
- Ability to balance the needs of multiple geographically diverse locations - understanding business differences, regulatory complications, cultural nuances, etc.
- Work effectively with remote teams. Understanding challenges and focus/discipline required to make such a model successful
We will consider a range of backgrounds so if you feel you are suitable then please contact Mathew on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 3137 3075. At BartleyHeath we guarantee you feedback on your submission.