Director of Strategy and Innovation EMEA and AP
The Investment Management industry is at the cross roads of transformation and this position will directly shape the technology landscape that satisfies business strategy. As Director of Strategy and Innovation you will report into the Global Head of Strategy and Innovation based in the US and be responsible for regional and enterprise initiatives to enhance Technology value and competitive advantage through the identification and assessment of emerging tools and technology.
The director will be responsible for regional relationships with Business and Technology leaders and although functions of Capabilities, Disruptive Tech, Strategic Intelligence exist in the US the expectation is that this hire will instil a culture of innovation across the EMEA and AP technology groups.
- Review the Technology roadmaps and the business strategies and drive remedial paths.
- Develop a culture of innovation.
- Work closely with Senior Management across Business and Technology in the European and Asian business.
- Oversee the Capabilities programme for EMEA/APAC managing Business vs Technology satisfaction levels.
- Working with a global team to identify and assess regional and global emerging Technology, managing deliveries to achieve business goals.
- Manage regional Hackday events to assess business problems, run challenges with the global team and empower.
- Work with Corporate Communications to promote the firm as a Digital & Disruptive Organisation.
- Manage the introduction and assessment of Strategy enhancements and advocate the implementation of projects within the EMEA wide technology roadmap.
- Create and utilise research and networks to identify FinTech trends and Disruptive Technologies to assist with the forming a wide view of technology innovation.
- Implement measurable benchmarks to review new ways for the Strategy and Innovation function to continually improve.
- Maintain a knowledge base with the global team on emerging startups and possible acquisition targets.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in a senior level corporate role in the asset management industry.
- Demonstrated experience in building and sustaining trusting relationships with business and technology leaders.
- A good understanding of Disruptive Technologies and FinTech trends, as well as financial trends.
- An understanding of Capability Mapping and Scenario Planning in order to determine strategy.
- Hands on strategic experience working with business leaders to proactively identify innovative technology solutions that meet business imperatives and provide an competitive advantage.
- Strong understanding of effective utilization of technology to enhance collaboration.
- Experience creating and executing effective change management plans, leading others through transformational change.
- Global cultural awareness specific to local customers, business norms, values and motivators.
We will consider a range of backgrounds so if you feel you are suitable then please contact Mathew on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 3137 3075. At BartleyHeath we guarantee you feedback on your submission.