Front Office Project Manager - Charles River
This is senior Project Management position that requires someone able to be hands-on in approach, challenging Business Analysts and working closely with Front Office stakeholders and Charles River users.
The team works within Equity Investment but is increasingly responsible for derivative products.
This role provides Project Management to technology projects within the Front Office and owns the Charles River OMS. To own and deliver IT projects to achieve the project objectives within the agreed time limit, budget and specifications, while adhering to company project management and quality standards.
- Manage projects through a complete project lifecycle
- Consistently deliver results on time and on budget
- Define project objectives and deliverables that are in line with business and system strategies
- Lead reviews of requirements and designs with relevant stakeholders to obtain agreement and sign-off of proposals
- Create and present accurate estimates of effort, costs and timescales for proposed projects and assist in prioritisation
- Secure and coordinate the necessary resources for a project by working with appropriate line managers including any vendor or third party resources
- Coordinate user testing, ensuring issues are resolved in a pragmatic and appropriate manner
- Assist in maintaining an application issues log to capture any system or business process issues, enhancements, bugs or new business requirements
- Design and implement ongoing Charles River support arrangements for system delivered
- Ensure IT management and business stakeholders are kept fully up to date with progress
- Escalate issues and concerns effectively and in a timely manner
- Lead post implementation support
- Oversee creation of documentation for systems and processes
- Ensure projects adhere to company project management methodologies and standards, including appropriate documentation and controls, e.g. plan, budget, risk management and change control.
- Assist with developing improvements to team processes and procedures
- Lead and motivate staff on the project team through effective guidance and two-way communication
- Manage a team of project resources
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Investment Management Front Office IT
- Experience of working with Order Management Systems ideally Charles River
- Experience of Equity, Fixed Income, FX, Fund of Fund and Derivative asset classes
- Experience of line managing teams
- A track record of successful project delivery in the Front Office IT arena
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience managing projects including responsibility for the whole project life cycle and completing projects on time and within budget
- Will have managed projects and/or phases of projects with teams of up to 5 people and of a minimum length of 6 months, ideally in a matrix management environment
- Experience creating detailed cost / benefit analysis
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and use of a structured project management techniques
- Experience analysing business or technical problems and proposing and implementing solutions
- Good understanding of and experience with people management, regulations, systems and procedures
- IT literate with good knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, including Project and Office
- Knowledge of change management, process documentation and testing tools
- Broad knowledge of systems and business processes in use for the relevant business areas
- Ideally will be able to show experience managing and negotiating with external parties / suppliers
We will consider a range of backgrounds so if you feel you are suitable then please contact Mathew on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 3137 3075. At BartleyHeath we guarantee you feedback on your submission.