Business Application Developer
An opportunity to drive through new initiatives, lead and improve technical aspects and have a positive impact on the working culture of the IT Department.
My client is an Investment boutique with a collegial and relation driven environment. They are recruiting for a Developer that can also lead new initiatives and deliver improvements to the development team.
The client is a boutique Fund Manager based in the US and UK. You will be mainly developing SQL and .NET solutions but my client requires their developers to be business focused with an ability to perform a range of technical and business focused tasks.
- Development & Programming
- Systems Testing, Implementation & Documentation
- Business Applications Support
- Project Management & Business Analysis
- Vendor ManagementDriving change to improve coding quality and standards
- Setting the lead for technical excellence
Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 relational databases
- Strong background in TSQL development/complex stored procedures
- Practical experience of .NET and VBA programming languages
- Experience in software development covering the full development lifecycle and use of best practices (coding standards, accurate documentation, etc.)
- Understanding of Microsoft tools such as MS Sharepoint 2010, MS Excel, etc.
- Appropriate Business knowledge i.e. trading and FX workflows, performance calculations, finance etc.
- Understanding of the IT and third party provider solutions for investment analysis, trade implementation, accounting, risk analytics and client reporting.
- Business application support experience (preferably in Trade Order Management)
- Experience of multi-tier application architecture, Windows and Microsoft IT
- Experience of planning and management of system upgrades, testing methods and techniques; with exposure to Prince II or equivalent project methodology
- Knowledge of software report writing packages e.g., MS Reporting Services
- Graduate level - BSC (Hons) 2.1 or above (preferably in technology or mathematics).
We will consider a range of backgrounds so if you feel you are suitable then please contact Mathew on email@example.com or +44 (0)20 3137 3075. At BartleyHeath we guarantee you feedback on your submission.